Wednesday, February 4, 2009

mmMmm breakfast

How long are you willing to wait in the cold for a free breakfast?

I don't know how long I would be willing, but tuesday morning bright and early... around seven. (Which is way to early for me) I went down to Dennys with Travis and his family. When we arrived there was a nice line out the doors and down the sidewalk. Instead of going back home - we decided to get in line and wait... and wait.... and wait. It took us probably about an hour to get into the doors and another 15 minutes to get seated. Being around 8:15 and seeing a table that had been sitting there for awhile get their food I realized that I should probably run home get dressed (I was in my comfy pants) and grab my spanish book so I could study for my test at 9. So when I got back it was around 8:30 and the food still hadn't gotten there. After about 5-10 minutes studying the food came and we hurried and ate it down, and then ran off to class. I would like to say that I made it to class on time. Or.. exactly at 9. Woot!! All in all I thought it was worth it, I really like free food. =)

It was also 1/2 price burgers at work. Hurray! Buy a burger! hah. We put up a bunch of balloons and made it a good time. We made this long string, that was a lot longer than we were planning and ended up stretching it over the entire building. It was pretty sweet to look at and see our balloons waving up high. And I think it worked cause right after we put it up we got a nice little rush. And I must say - trying to get people to buy something that they weren't planning on is fun. =) I forgot to check the burger count but I think it was higher than normal tuesdays.

Anywho!!! I got a new movie loaded up so I think I'm going to do some spanish homework and watch it. Hope you're all having a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Cool - a new blog post. My Denny experience was a lot easier. Jenny texted us to remind us about the free breakfast. So we went down about 8:15. No line - though they say it was pretty busy there from 6 to 7:30. We got seated right away. Ordered right away. Breakfast served about 7 min later. Helps not to live in a town with a lot of hungry college students. Wish I oculd have been there for a burger. I had to go buy a Burger King burger to fill the craving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh if I didn't have to work all the time. I was working during free breakfast and free burger time. Sad for me. How's the dress coming? or have you even started getting it fit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. UPDATE!

    Are you alive!?

    We're going to visit you the first weekend in March!

    ReplyDelete