Thursday, January 8, 2009

The start of something great!

I'm not really one for writing. That is... writing on paper with a pencil. But give me a computer and I'll have a field day! Since we all get old and forget things - we might as well record some fragments of our lives while we can, right?

Well here it goes.

I had an amazing break from school. It was beautiful. I got to go home to see all of my family with no responsibilities to school or work. It was a very nice break. But now I'm back in school and starting to hit the upper division classes. Meaning I can't really just wing it anymore - I have to actually buck down and study and put some actual work into it.

College has taught me a few things though. One of which is that it's not worth failing classes. I hit a moment in life last year where I didn't know what I was doing or where I was going. I kind of just stopped paying attention to classes and stopped putting work into them, and resulted in failing two of them, which I had to retake last semester. It put me back some and taught me a lesson, so atleast I got something out of it. Right? I just wish I could have learned a lesson that didn't cost so much.

Other than school what also takes up a lot of my time is work. For those who don't know I'm a manager at Sonic. And I have put a lot of hours into that place, but have also gotten a bit out. I've made some pretty good connections up the line that I know will help me in the future if I choose to pursue farther in this career. I mean I have the chance to become the General Manager, and I've been offered the Cedar store, St. George, or Washington store. But I choose to go to school instead. Which I think is a good decision because I don't think I'm quite ready to become a GM. But - I did accept another responsibility. I'm now the one in charge of Marketing in Cedar. It'll be very interesting and we'll see how well I do.

Anyways, I think I've shared enough for tonight. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. I just love your opening comments. It gives me a better insight into you. You are such a good daughter. love ya dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes my friend, school is way to expensive to have to do things twice.

    I calculated out the other day at work, that it costs me a bit over $7,500 per semester (not including nat)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you blogging! This is wonderful. Hope your first week of class has been great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea for Jenny! You joined us on the blogging scene. Maybe we'll get dad to actually start a blog too one day! :-)

    For the record, I had to retake one class too at college (don't ever fall asleep on the first day of class... it comes back to haunt you no matter how much you study). That teacher gave me a D+ and thus resulted in me taking it again. Grrr....

    Sounds like you are doing amazing things. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete