Sunday, August 14, 2011

New Recipes!

So I've been in a cooking/baking mood lately and have been trying out some new things!
Here I am with my fancy new apron that Janece gave me for my birthday!





So as I mentioned before, I have been in a cooking baking mood! So here are a couple of recipes I tried out.

The first is this very delicious Verde Pork Pazole!
It was really easy too! Here are the ingredients:


Verde Pork Pazole

1 Pork Roast
2 cans of hominy
1 big can of Green enchilada sauce
1 small can of green chilies
1 tsp ground cumin
1 white onion
Dash of Salt/Pepper

I took everything and put it in my crock pot. Then I let it cook all day on low. (I think it was 11 hours) But you don't need to cook it that long, I just worked all day. Then you take the pork roast out and shred it and then throw it back in.
You can eat it plain or with corn chips or tortillas. My favorite was mixing some sour cream in and putting it in a tortilla. But it was very yummy!

The other recipe I made, I found from this website: http://www.banana-bread.biz/peach-banana-nut-bread/

Peach & Banana Nut Bread

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups white flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 ripe mashed bananas
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 cup mashed tinned peaches (You can substitute fresh peaches as well)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a medium loaf pan.

2. In a mixing bowl, mix together the white flour, wheat flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir together until completely mixed.

3. In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs and add the lemon juice, milk and mashed bananas. Drain the peaches, keeping the juice for step 4.

4. Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. If the mixture is too dry add a little of the peach juice. The more peach juice you add the more moist the banana bread will be. However, be careful not to add too much juice.

5. Mash the peaches and stir into the mixture along with the walnuts.

6. Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf pan and bake in the middle of the oven at 350F for about 60 minutes. Oven times may vary especially with fan assisted ovens. Check the loaf is done all the way by inserting a toothpick or knife into the middle of the loaf. It should come out clean when the loaf is ready.

7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the loaf pan for 10-15 minutes. Then carefully remove the loaf and place on a wire cooling rack to cool fully.

This bread came out very very moist! It's soooooo tasty! It's definitely one that I'll be making again!

Today I'm trying out a new chicken noodle soup recipe in the crock pot. I'll let you know how it turns out!


No comments:

Post a Comment